Built as a school in 1880, with a foundation stone laid by Richard Arkwright of the famous textile family, our Centre educated the children of Mellor for 115 years until 1995, when a new school was built down the hill on Knowle Road.
This gave the Parish Church Council a wonderful opportunity to create the thriving and busy Centre for the whole community which exists today. Creative renovation works brought the interior up to modern standards whilst retaining the best original Victorian features.
For conferences and meetings it is an excellent working environment, quiet, with a choice of light, airy rooms. It is also a beautiful place for a celebration, with spectacular views all around.
On a regular weekly basis there are yoga and karate classes, art groups, Brownies, a toddler group and several other activities. There are also talks, exhibitions and concerts, all organised locally for all to enjoy.